Monday, May 11, 2009

Say what?

So, I just have to get it off my chest. Today at work I was helping a lady at my desk. "So when's your baby due?" she asks me. At first this caught me off guard because this was the first time that a stranger had commented on my pregnancy without me saying anything (assuming I was pregnant by looking at me.) So I replied to her and told her October. "Oh," she says "are you having just one baby, because your getting pret...." she cut her sentence short, but I knew what the end of the sentence was:...pretty big. "Nope, just one." was all I could say. "Well, it must be that your just smaller, that's why your really showing." I knew she was just trying to cover up what she had just done to a pregnant woman and her fear of being as fat as a bus.
Now, who in their right mind would say that to someone. That might almost be as bad as asking someone how far along they are when they aren't even pregnant. I'm really trying not to let it get to me. I mean, 2 weeks ago I had people telling me that I didn't even look pregnant, and now I'm having twins?!? Surely I haven't grown that much in 14 days. Well, I googled "17 week pregnant belly photos" and I'm either the same size or smaller than most of those photos. So either, this lady was crazy or she didn't do the math in her head to realize how far along I was....or at least that's what I'm telling myself.
On another note, I'm pretty sure I felt the baby move. But that will be for another day, it's time for a walk =)
...Thanks for reading....

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

You are supposed to enjoy this - forget what the nosy woman said! Enjoy it! Every size, every shape, every moment!