So I've been in a creative mood lately. And if you know me, you know this only comes around about ohhhh every 3 years. I have a secret desire to be artistic (guess it's not a secret anymore) but I'm just not. I'm more of a "do" person. You come up with the idea and I'll make sure it gets done. So when the creative bug hits, I strike. So, since this is almost as popular as leap year, I thought I would post some pics of the two things I did.
This first picture is what I based my projects on. Jarrod and I did this the last time I was creative (about 3 and half years ago.) We needed some art to go over our couch and couldn't find anything we liked that wasn't way too expensive so we decided to just make it.
The material wasn't exactly cheap so I couldn't toss the extra we had left over. Instead I held on to it, hoping that someday I could use it. That day came this week.
We bought a rocker and glider set when I was pregnant with Jesalyn. I almost didn't buy it because it was an ugly blue the didn't match anything in our apartment, but I'm so glad we went ahead and got it. I rock Jesalyn to sleep in it every single night, whether it fits the decor or not. I've been wanting to put new material on the whole thing since we got it, but I'm not the best seamstress and I new there was no way I can do that so instead I did this:
At this point, I was on a roll. The way our apartment is set up has the washer/dryer in the kitchen, but it has a sliding door that's used so that you can't see them. Our dryer is well, a pain in the rear, and wouldn't fit to the attachments while also going back far enough for the door to slide shut. So, Jarrod and I bought some red curtains to hang instead. It looked okay, but it just needed an extra touch. So, I dug out that leftover material:
This is a picture halfway done. One side without my touch, one with:
And the finished project:
Yes, I know the rug is a different color of red and sort of clashes. Guess that's a project for another day.