Monday, November 9, 2009

One month later...

November 9th.  I can not believe that it has been one month since my little girl came into this world.  While one month seems so long ago, there are times when it seems like it was 6 months ago.  So much has happened since that Friday night, Jarrod and I's lives have changed so much.  Everyone tells you when your pregnant that your world is about to change and you think you're prepared, but you really don't know until the day comes and that itty bitty person is here and looking to you for everything.  Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom, but it really is some hard work. The sleepless nights, learning to always breath through your mouth when changing a dirty diaper, and wishing with all your might that your newborn could momentarily talk so that she can tell you why she's been crying for the past 15 minutes when you've done everything possible to make her happy, are all worth it when she's laying there peacefully asleep hanging on to your pinky with her little hand.  Jarrod and I just love her so much.  There are times when she's sleeping in her bassinet and I just have to pick her up and hold her. 
All in all, she has been a very good baby.  She mostly only cries when she's hungry, but when she's hungry watch out!  She can out scream anybody.  If you get her belly full, she'll just lay there looking around quietly.  From the moment she was born, she was already trying to lift her head up.  There are times when I'm holding her, she looks like she is going to get up and crawl.  She's still pretty small,  All of her clothes are still a little big on her, but she's definitely putting on some weight.  We go to the ped. on Wednesday and they'll weigh her.  I'm guess a little over 6 pounds. 
I  had my one month check up today and the doctor is having me get some blood work done to find out why she stopped growing while I was pregnant.  He told me that when he delivered the placenta he noticed that there was a "dead spot" on it.  This means that at some point, it cut off the circulation to Jesalyn.  This is why she stopped growing.  The blood work should tell us why this happened.  She is healthy now and it shouldn't effect me or her, but if I ever get pregnant again then I'll need to know why this happened to prevent it from happening again.  I'm just so happy that they decided to induce me when they did before it caused any damage to her.  So on Wednesday, I get to go have 15 tubes of blood taken.  Yes, 15.  Let's just say I'm not excited =)
The last 4 weeks have been amazing.  I know the next 4 and so on are going to be just as memorable.  I can't wait to see that first "real" smile and hear her talk for the first time (we've been working on "mommy".)  So many firsts to come. 
And because I know I can't publish a post without a picture:

1 comment:

burseya said...

I'm so glad things are going well for you guys. It's amazing how much love you can have for person. I totally do the whole pick her up while she's peacefully sleeping, just because I want to give her five million kisses and snuggle. And that "drunk milk" look that they get when they get done's the best! :) You'll never take too many pictures, and you'll never give too many hugs and kisses. Good luck with the rest of your time with her while you're off. When you have to go back, you'll think of her every min.