Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Keep your clothes on please!

Jesalyn decided to wake me up at 5:30 this morning so I figured what better thing to do than post a blog. I mean, who needs sleep anyway right??  Actually, I guess she didn't wake up.  But I heard her crying on the monitor and did my best to just keep on sleeping.  But, after the whimpers turned into sobs, I couldn't handle it and went in to her room and woke her up thinking she would just fall back asleep.  I thought wrong!  She has decided she is up for the morning.  On a side note, does anyone else's child wake up screaming in the middle of the night?  Jesalyn has started doing this quite frequently the past 4 or 5 months.  She will be sound asleep and then she'll start crying while sleeping (like she's having a bad dream) and then she'll just start wailing.  It takes us like 20 minutes to get her calmed down.  It just breaks my heart to think she's having nightmares.
But, I'm getting off the subject.  So let me tell ya'll what my little sugar bee is doing lately.  Walking.  Have I mentioned that she is almost independently mobile?? She will now walk with us holding her hands and will even take 4 or 5 steps on her own.  I  have gotten it on video (for all of you that are thinking it) but I still haven't found/figured out  the software to put my video on the computer.  We bought her a walker and she loves it.  She thinks it's funny that she can walk on her feet like mom and dad.

We have started giving her some milk (instead of formula) the past couple of days, just to see how she does with it.  For those of you that aren't aware or haven't followed the blog from the beginning (...thanks for joining up now) Jesalyn had a really rough first 5 months.  I wasn't able to breastfeed, though I tried for 4 weeks through tears and frustration so we went with formula.  She was on just about every formula out there.  She would drink her bottle, and an hour later, like clockwork she would start crying and then one night it reached critical mass.  You can read it for yourself here. After that night, we found the miracle formula, aka Alimentum.   We are a little nervous about switching to milk after all we have been through.  The first day we gave her a little milk in a bottle and she did wake up crying that night, but I think she was just hungry.  Yesterday, we mixed some in with her cereal and gave her a little in a bottle and she did pretty good (minus waking up at the crack of dawn.)  And today, Jarrod has given her mostly milk so we'll see how tonight goes. Fingers crossed!!

And lastly, I'll try not to make this too long, she has learned to take off her diapers.  Well, one style anyway.  We use clothe diapers and for a while we couldn't decide which brand to go with so we decided to buy two different kinds and see how it went (if you really want to be an overachiever you can read the blog I wrote on that here.)  Let's just say we have a preference now.   The Fuzzi Bunz are far superior in our opinion. Why?  Because it snaps instead of velcros.  Who would of thought that little difference would make such a big deal. 

 Here's why you want snaps over velcro people!