Monday, July 11, 2011

Fried Green Beans

Yes, green beans are healthy and yes they are pretty darn yummy cooked with a little bit of garlic and onion on the stove.  But why eat them that way when you can fry them?

I have made this recipe a few times, and every single time the hubs and I end up eating most of them before they make it to the dinner table.

I believe I got this recipe from watching the Food Network. It is super easy and so quick to make.

Technically, you only need 3 ingredients: green beans, flour, and a can of beer.  I added a couple to spice it up.



You must have salt, and I added a little cayenne pepper to give it a kick..

I didn't measure anything.  I just added it as needed.  I think the original recipe says 1cup flour to 1cup beer.  But first, mix the salt and cayenne pepper into the dry flour.


Pour in the beer and mix.

Let the green beens go for a swim. 

...and then fry them in some oil already heated on the stove.  It must already be hot or they will just be greasy.

Once browned, take out and salt again. I also learned this from watching hours upon hours of food television. Always salt hot food right off the stove...

Eat.  It's that simple!


It should be noted that I have read that you can substitute buttermilk or soda water for the beer if you are so inclined.  The alcohol should cook out, but hey do as you please.

No comments: