Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fog and patience

Oh wow.  I am so ashamed to say that I have not blogged or posted anything for two months.  A lot has been going on my little corner of the world.  So much that I have just been kind of coasting through it all.  I haven't been sleeping all that well.  I normally wake up three or four times in the night, and get up for good at around 4am.  But by 8 that night, I'm ready to crash. And then with this whole time change thing, let's just say I was hitting my REM sleep about 720 last night.  Yep, rocking my 20's  =)

All this "junk" that's going on isn't really junk, it could actually be a good thing.  It's just a matter of me being patient and waiting to see what will happen.  If you know me, you know patience is my very worst quality. I'm totally that person that clicks the Internet Explorer icon on my computer and if it's not running within .2 seconds, I click it again and again.  2 seconds later, I have 5 browsers running all at the same time.  Sometimes, I just need to slow down and take a breath.  I have to tell myself that sometimes, doing nothing is exactly what needs to be done.  I don't have to plan everything, calculate all the numbers, and have everything set in stone before the opportunity even presents itself.  

It's just that when I don't know every detail, I feel like I'm driving in some kind of a fog.  I can only see 3 steps in front of me when I want to see 3 miles.  I want to know whats coming.  Is there a bend up ahead?  A fork in the road? or am I smooth sailing for a while?  It drives me crazy.

And then I take a step back and look at the fog I'm surrounded by.  It's really kind of pretty.  It's make everything a little more "soft."   Things aren't so harsh when your looking at them through the clouds.  They make you slow down and really focus on what's right in front of you.  Don't worry about what's up ahead.  Do what needs to be done today.  And then, when tomorrow gets here, do what needs to be done then.  Take it one step or mile at a time.  And really enjoy what's happening right in front of you.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Someone told me once that scripture says a lamp unto my feet and not a spotlight, so why are you expecting to see so far ahead. I hated them for a minute, but after thinking about it realized how right they were. It's the part where faith comes in, and it's the part that struggle mightily with.

But you're right. It's so beautiful if we take the time to enjoy it!

Jamie said...

So true Julie. I just have to tell myself this over and over and over. =)