Monday, March 16, 2009

Can I have your name please...?


So, month three has started out interesting. One of my best friends on this planet, E is her name, came to visit this weekend. I noticed that all weekend crazy stuff was coming out of my mouth. Not gibberish or anything, but just stuff that didn't make sense. I would think one thing and the exact opposite would come out. Or a sentence that had the verb in the noun spot and a noun in the verb spot would somehow come out of my mouth. I just could not talk. Well, after a long day of browsing, with a little bit of shopping, we decided to stop for some coffee ( I had decaf.) I was placing my order with the cashier lady at Kaldi's. So that she could call my order out when it was done she said "can I have your name please?" Now, that is a simple question right? I mean, I've had the same name for almost 27 years now. I just kind of stared at her for a moment. I'm sure this moment was only a couple of seconds, but it felt like several minutes. I don't know if I couldn't think of my name or I was just drifted off somewhere else. Eventually I responded. Yes, you can have my name, it's Jamie. She was nice, but I definitely heard a chuckle come out of her.
So, I hear that stuff like this happens when your pregnant. Losing things, forgetting stuff.
This pregnancy is gonna be fun. I can already tell it!!

1 comment:

A Little McD said...

Yay! Blogging! Yay Baby! Now...just move back here already...we miss you! Oh, and that mixing up words forgetting your own name thing never goes away. I still can't talk and it's been almost a year...Javen will be one on Saturday!