Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cannoli Cravings....


So the number two question everyone asks me (second to when can I see a baby bump) is "have you had any weird cravings?" I wouldn't say that I've had weird cravings, but I have noticed times that if I didn't eat a certain food and that exact moment I just might drop kick someone in the face =) The first time I experienced this was about week 5. All day at work all I could think about was a McDonald's cheeseburger. Now this is funny on another level, because prior to pregnancy I was not a meat eater, couldn't stand it. But this particular day that is the only thing that I could think about. I got off work and drove, mouth literally salivating, directly to McDonald's only to find a line out to the road! I thought I would die. You mean I have to wait in this line for 7 min.? Clearly they don't know they're is a pregnant women in this drive-thru! I finally got to the speaker and ended up leaving with a double...ate the whole thing in about..oh 60 seconds. And man was it good! A couple of weeks ago it was Pizza Hut boneless chicken wings. The cravings are weird. I have to have what I want right now, but then after I eat it I don't want to look at it or especially smell it ever again. Haven't eaten a cheeseburger or wings since.
For the past three weeks I have been craving cannoli's, this heavenly of an Italian dessert. I have called and went to every bakery in Columbia and there are no cannoli's in this town. I even looked for just the shells (I'm a baker, I can make the filling,)... nothing! How can one town be completely void of an entire food?!?! Well, Jarrod and I went home this past weekend and on our way back to Missouri stopped over by St. Louis and found a Dierberg's. Maybe, just maybe they would have this dessert and put me out of my misery. Bakery had nothing, but the lady told me they had the shells in Isle 3. God Bless you Isle 3!!!!!! So, needless to say I fixed me up some cannoli's last night and man were they delish!!

in other news. "baby bump" is slowly growing... maybe more to the cravings mentioned above rather than the little person growing =) Not big enough for pictures, but I'll get them up soon.

...thanks for reading....

No comments: