Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Stay Tuned....




So Jarrod and I have decided to give the whole cloth diapering thing a try.  Before Jesalyn was born we drove to St. Louis and purchased 12 diapers; 6 of one kind, 6 of another.  Why you ask? Mainly because we wanted to save some money. True, the 12 diapers we bought cost us a little over $200 but we are hoping by the time we're done, the overall money saved will be worth it.  Plus, Jarrod and I both were raised in cloth diapers.  I was allergic to the disposables. I'm not sure why Jarrod wore them.  Anyway, we thought if it was good enough for us, surely we can do it with our little girl. Plus, you should have seen the trash we had using the disposables before she was big enough to wear the cloth.  No kidding, after 1 week, our balcony was half full with trash bags (did I just admit that?)  Now before you tell me that I'm a girl living in the stone age, you should know these are not your grandmothers (no offense you grandmas out there) cloth diapers, which were basically a kitchen towel secured with a safety pin. Nope, they've gone high-tech on us with snaps, velcro and really fashionably designs. The question is, do they work?  We just started yesterday, but I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had no idea ya'll were both in cloth diapers! I had a skin reacion to a lot of disposables too! We're just three of a kind I suppose. I will have to be schooled in changing the Sugar Bean in these new FANCY pants!!! <3 Auntie Key