Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Push-Up Queen

No, not yet, but I will be in six weeks hopefully. And for all of you out there with the "dirty" minds, I'm talking about real push ups, you know the exercise kind.  I use to be in pretty good shape in college.  I could rock some push ups, bench pressed a small, but good amount for my size.  I was one of the only girls on the "guys side" of the gym.  The side with all the free weights that could for sure intimidate you if you didn't know what to do with them. I knew what to do with them...well, most of them any way.  All this to say, I've lost alot of my muscle.  I'm not saying I'm in horrible shape, but compared to my college years I've pretty much regressed.  Things have been crazy busy for oh, about....12 months (which I'm sure has absolutely nothing to do with Jesalyn...wink, wink).  And since, we are living on one paycheck for the moment, we really don't have the money for a gym membership.  I try to do what I can around the house.  I lift my dumbbells and do my squats and crunches when I get the chance, but I just don't have the time to get that "really sweaty, out of breath, man I feel so good" workout in.  I miss being in good shape, I miss my old skinny jeans.  And while, I haven't got the flappy skin when I wave on my arms yet, I did inherit my moms arms.  This is not a bad thing.  My mom has awesomely buff arms.  But with these arms come the responsibility of keeping them toned or they turn out just looking thick.  But I've got a plan.  While reading this months "Fitness" (thanks Sami for last years Christmas gift!) I came across a website:  www.hundredpushups.com that claims if you follow their plan, you can work your way up to doing 100 consecutive push-ups in just 6 weeks.  So, I'm going to test it out.  The first thing you do is an initial test.  You do as many push-ups that you can and then match it to the correct column and follow that column for six weeks.  My initial test resulted in 10.   Not great, but it could be a lot worse.  I'm talking about boy pushups, not girl ones and there was a time in my life when I couldn't even do one. Tomorrow, starts week one.  Check back in every so often to see how it goes.

No comments: