Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Random Thoughts

Annnnd whoosh, it’s Tuesday already!  Ya’ll I have been crazy busy the past two weeks. You saw my post about 2 weekends ago.  Little Jesa turned one. Well, this past weekend we had her official birthday party. It was so much fun. Thanks to all of you that were able to come and celebrate with us.  I took tons and tons of pictures.  But they aren’t uploaded yet, so that post will come at a later date.  Today’s is just going to be mishmash of what’s been on my mind.

I have a child!  Yes, I know I should be use to this by now.  But Jarrod and I still look at each other in disbelief that this little girl walking around pulling out all of my pans and measuring cups is ours.  And she will be ours until the day we die.  We are someone’s mom and dad.  It’s hard to put into words.  But it’s crazy.  Amazing and crazy!

My child is girl!  Let’s get this straight public of strangers that don’t know us.  Just because she is still lacking in the hair department does not mean she is a boy. Before you just assume a baby’s gender based on whether or not she can wear a ponytail, please use other means to make this decision. The first place to start might be her clothes.  If the child in question is wearing pink, you should guess girl. I’m not saying that boys can’t wear pink (or girls blue) but if you have a 50/50 guess and they’re wearing pink, the best guess is female.  This is why.  Most parents that have this issue try to make it easy for you.  They don’t want to embarrass you by having you guess wrong, so most of the time they give you clues. If you don’t see the clues, just ask.  Boy or girl?  Being honest is much better than guessing wrong.

Speaking of children.  Do we want any more?? Jesalyn is at the age now where people start to ask; so, are you gonna give Jesalyn a baby brother or sister?? I'll admit. We have talked about it. We have moments where we are like, yeah if we had more money we should just go for it. We've always wanted two. But other times we are like "what in the world! How are we handling the one we've got"  There's no way we could have another.  So the book is still out on that topic.  So, for now....pass me the birth control please.

Sometimes I think I might be spoiling Jesalyn.  I don't know, you tell me.  She gets ice put in her bottle when she's drinking water and most nights I get my bottle of lotion out and massage her legs and feet.  If her mamma can't spoil her, then who can?

So, I’m on week three of my push up quest. After you do week 2, you are suppose to redo the original test and see how many consecutive push ups you can do and then follow that column for the next 2 weeks.  I did mine Sunday and was able to pump out 20.  Yes, I know I'm a wiener but if you remember my first test resulted in 10 so I've doubled that in 2 weeks.  In my book, that's a success.  Jarrod and I are drooling to get Insanity. It's the competition of the famous P90X.  Same type of program, but instead of using weights and pull up bars, you use your own weight.  If it wasn't so expensive I would totally by blogging about it instead of this 100 push up thing.  Let's just say, if Jarrod gets one of these jobs he has interviewed for, it's ours!  Keep your fingers crossed!

Just for fun:




No comments: