Thursday, December 2, 2010

Quarantined

Outsiders Beware!!!  The person(s) on the other side of this threshold are indisposed, infected, bedridden and sick! Enter at your own risk!

This is the sign I wanted to make and hang on my front door this week.  And what a week it has been.  We went home last weekend for Thanksgiving and had a fabulous time.  It was so great seeing everyone and watching Jesalyn eat food. Yes folks, she ate food. Real food, I think she might have had one cracker all weekend.  She ate broccoli casserole, macaroni and cheese, yogurt, and all kinds of other Thanksgiving goodies.  I was so proud of her.  Saturday night rolled around and Jarrod and I got out of the house and visited the Sanders and kicked. their. butt. at some Cranium (don't deny it Justin & E, you know we won!)
And then, Sunday rolled around.  Jarrod started feeling pretty bad Saturday night but we just thought he was tired. Not so much.  His head and sinuses were pounding and he slept until I got him out of bed Sunday and threw him in the car to ride back to Nashville.  Monday morning I called in sick because Jarrod was pretty much worthless as far as watching Jesalyn.  About 1100 that morning it hit me too, like of bag of bricks.  Oh my gosh people, this cold/flu/virus that we have is the most horrible thing in the world.  And the fatigue with it is unreal.  We have been knocked on our butts for close to five days now.  And to make matters worse, Jesalyn got it Tuesday.  So, all three of us have been just barely getting by feeling completely miserable. I'll spare you all the details, but Jesalyn has been running a constant 102 temp and we've got more mucus between the three of us to keep Slimer supplied for a year.




I had a meltdown Wednesday morning.  Jarrod was sick and miserable, I was sick and miserable (plus completely nauseous from the "medicine" the doc prescribed to make me feel better...needless to say, I didn't take that again,) Jesalyn was sick and miserable, my house was a disaster, cracker crumbs were on the floor, and we still hadn't unpacked from the weekend.  I broke down and just cried.  Didn't make things better, but it sure felt good.  I called my mom to give her the daily update on how we felt.  She then proceeded to tell me she was on her way down to Tennessee.  *cue the music*  Enter.......Super MOM!!!






If I could clone this woman and let you all experience her I would.  She came in Wednesday night.  She has cleaned my house and done my dishes several times.  She has done all my laundry, including our bed sheets so we could sleep in a clean bed, watched Jesalyn, rocked her to sleep, and to top it all off, made us homemade chicken and noodles.  Forget Campbell, I'll take Arleda's any day!

Today, finally, I feel like I'm on the road to recovery.  Jarrod is still fighting it since it's moved to his chest, and poor little Jesalyn is still in the middle of it.  Here's hoping she will sleep tonight (last night I only got like 2 hours of sleep) and the fever will be gone tomorrow.  
All this to say, what we've had this week, I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.....but I did make sure to lick the envelope really good before mailing in my property taxes to the State of Missouri  =)

No comments: