Friday, December 3, 2010

Tru Blu Mommy

I slept in puke last night; Jesalyn's puke.  Let's just be honest, there's no good way to work up to that sentence so I just put it out there.  Go ahead and cringe if you want, I know I did but it made me feel like a tru blu mommy.  You know the kind that gets out into the trenches and gets dirty.  How did all this happen? ...keep in my mind, I'm the girl that gets grossed out about a lot of stuff.  I haven't cleaned the bathroom in the almost 5 years I've been married (praise the Jesus for my husband.)

I was rocking her to sleep and she was drinking a bottle of milk.  She started to sound real phlegmy so I got the bright idea to give her some apple juice to wash it down with.  One sip and up it all came all over me and her.  At first I got a little like "oh, yuck, this is so gross" but I thought I would get us changed and rock her back to sleep.  Before that could happen, she decided she was ready to crash for the night at that exact moment.  *a little back story; she had been screaming and crying uncontrollably for like 4 hours straight. we never thought she would go to sleep* So, I put on my "big girl panties" as we call them in my house and said "bring on the puke!"  I pulled her back up to me and rocked her until she fell asleep.  She has been sleeping in bed with me while she's sick so I took her to bed and we slept for a good 4 or 5 hours until I was able to wiggle my arm out and change my shirt.  A little tip, if any of you find your self's in this situation; a little Vick's or mentholated camphor on the tip of your nose will mask the smell for a good hour.

For ya'lls benefit, I purposefully chose not to include pictures on this post.   Your welcome =)

No comments: