Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Quick update

This pregnancy is moving right along. It seems to be speeding up the further along I get. I don't know how that is, but people warned me it would happen. Saturday I will be 25 weeks and while that's just a little over half way, I have a crazy feeling the last three months go the fastest. I'm actually not doing too bad getting things together. We've pretty much got the nursery done. (That just sounds so weird to say. I have a nursery....in a few months, I'm gonna have a baby, I'm gonna be a mommy.) There is is still a few odds and ends that we need to do and then I'll post some pictures.
The purchase of the week was a breast pump. That's even crazier to me. I'll admit, this contraption kind of freaks me out. It had a dvd that came with it and you know I had to watch it. It's been said time and time again, but these women really did look like cows being pumped, having all these wires coming out and this battery pack plugged into the wall. Now I know it's natural and I've always said I was going to breastfeed, but I'm a bit nervous. I've heard horror stories of women who couldn't stand it and I've heard stories from moms who said it was the best bonding experience they've ever had. The one thing they've all said is, be patient. Guess we'll see. I'm hoping that when I hold my little girl in my arms for the first time, it will all just be a natural feeling.
I've officially felt her kick now. I think it started a few weeks ago. I absolutely love it. I could just lay there all day and feel her moving around. Jarrod felt her for the first time Sunday. Every time I would have him put his hand on my belly, she would stop moving. I secretly think she does this on purpose and is laughing her head off in there. But the other day we were laying down watching tv (I was behind him) and she kicked really hard and he felt it in his back. Hopefully the further along I get, the more he'll be able to feel her. There really is something special about being the woman, the mom, who gets to carry her child around with her for the 9 months and feel her move and kick. I can only imagine how I'll feel when I see her little face for the first time.
...thanks for reading...

No comments: