Thursday, October 15, 2009

Jesalyn Kay Pruitt

Okay, so I know I've been a bit lax on the whole blog but man this baby thing just takes up so much time =) But she is so worth it!! I appologize for not updating the day of the delivery but I was planning on having my sister do it but didn't give her the information to log on. I'll do my best to get everything recorded on here. Maybe not today, but over time for sure.
So, yeah, my baby sug is here! And she is just as perfect as I knew she would be. We named here Jesalyn (Jes-uh-lyn) Kay Pruitt. She was born at 10:43 pm on Friday October 9, 2009. She weighed in at 5pds 3oz and 19 1/2 inches long. Jarrod and I are so happy we can hardly stand ourselves. From that first cry, we were hooked =)
I'll be honest when I say that this week has been a pretty rough one, just getting adjusted to everything. I'll go into it in detail later but I've learned that it's the small things that really matter. From waiting for her first poop to waiting to the milk to come in, it's been pretty emotional, but things are starting to take shape and I can actually say that I can see that things will even themselves out and the routine will start.
Well, I know it's short, but I've got a lot to catch up on so I will go for now. I'll get my labor story and all the oh so fun stuff that has happened this week up later, but I just wanted you all to know that Jesalyn is here. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. And because I know your all dying to see: a few pictures:


 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is perfect and you all are the greatest parents she could have been blessed with. Love ya'll! <3 Keyanna

Janel said...

Nice pictures ;)! i miss my niece so much! love you guys!