Monday, April 4, 2011

The Perfect Jam

No, I don't mean like strawberry jam. More like "oh my freakin' goodness, how in the world did I get that stuck!!!"

Today, I stayed home to be with Jesalyn because she has been sick the past couple of days.  At about 2pm the weather started to get pretty bad.  As the tornado sirens started going off, I thought it would be a good idea to gather some things so we could hang out in the bathroom (Jarrod and I's bathroom is in the back part of the apt.)  I got the candles, a blanket, and some books for her to read.  I forget now what I was going to get, but I needed something out of the other bathroom (the one that everyone else uses.)  I go to open the door and it won't open.  It opened about 1mm and just stopped.  I do a little investigating, not much because remember the sirens are going off, and figure out that the bathroom drawer inside the bathroom had magically opened up, after I turned off the light and shut the door. So much so that it is blocking the door from opening.  I scratch my head and gather Jesalyn up as we ride out the storm to "Corduroy" the bear.   After the storm was over I come back out to get another look.  I seriously don't know how I'm going to get this door open.  "Take it off it's hinges" was my next thought.  Nope the hinges are inside the bathroom.  I let it go for the rest of the afternoon until Jarrod got home.  We got a wire hanger out and after about 15min of maneuvering, he somehow got the drawer to close and the door opened.  I took a picture afterwards to show just how crazy and impossible this was.


"Really?!?"

No comments: