Thursday, September 10, 2009

7th Inning Stretch

Man, this week it has hit me. I'm going to have another little person that I'm responsible for around in less than 2 months. I'm not sure what finally did it. The fact that my doctor keeps telling me that the goal is that I go to at least 37 weeks (that's 2 weeks away!!!) or that when my best friend came to visit me this weekend and then left, that was the last time that I would see her without having a baby. It's just getting so close, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out just a bit. I have a week of vacation next week and I'm planning on washing all her clothes and getting them ready. Jarrod and I are going to get the hospital bags packed this weekend and make the trip to Saint Charles to get her diapers. We are planning on using clothe diapers and you can't find them everywhere. I'm not talking about the old school clothe diapers that are basically burp clothes. These are high-tech diapers that have a liner in them that comes out. I'm sure you all think I'm crazy for using them, but we are hoping that in the long run they will save us some money.
Those things were really the last big things on the "to do list" that we wanted to get done and once those are done it's just kind of a waiting game. As far as the little things that we still need, we've got the basics that she'll need for the first few months. So, it's all coming together. I go into her nursery and even though it's all put together, it seems so empty. In another 5 weeks, there is going to be so much life in there, it just seems strange. It makes me want to smile, laugh, and cry all at the same time. I'm trying to take the advice that I've been reading, just enjoying this time with Jarrod as a couple. I know that once our little baby sug gets here, it will be so different. Not bad, but different, so I'm just trying to treasure everything I can now.

...thanks for reading...

No comments: