Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Vacation Week

Well, I'm on vacation this week and so far it's been pretty good. I've been busy enough to not drive myself crazy but not too busy. Just kind of taking things as they come. Yesterday I washed all the baby clothes and have put them away. Today's task is to clean out Jarrod and I's closet and finishing packing the hospital bags. I just don't know what baby outfit I want to bring to bring her home in. I had a doctors appointment this morning. Baby sug is perfect as a peach. She always gives the doctors a bit of trouble, as far as not wanting to move at the times that they want her to, but she always comes around when she feels like it =)
Doctor gave us a 10 out of 10 again. Everything seems to be going just like he wants it. She now weighs 5 pounds and 2 ounces which is still in the 40%. Doc says this is exactly where he wants her.
Her movements are still rolls with a few kicks here and there, but the coolest thing now is when I can feel her move on my hand and know what body part is moving. Last night I was cooking supper and felt her move on my right side and so I put my hand on my stomach to feel her and felt this long skinny bulge. My guess is it was an arm or a leg. Once I touched it, I felt her move it away. It just makes it so real. There is a little person in me!
Something I've noticed about myself since becoming pregnant is how relaxed I've become. I've always been a VERY type A personality with a whole lot of impatient mixed in. But since I've been pregnant, especially towards the end, I've calmed down quite a bit. Now, I'm not saying that I've done a complete 180 or anything. I still completely flip out when the trash gets full or the living room gets too much clutter in it. But, I've just noticed a bit more mellowness coming out of me. I think a lot of this has to do with being forced to slow down. You just can't rush through the grocery store in 10 minutes when your 8 months pregnant. You only move as fast as your body can waddle, so I've learned that if it takes 45 minutes to pick up a gallon of milk and a package of string cheese then so be it. I've also been trying to just enjoy the slowness of each day (especially this week) because I know that it's about to get busy and hectic.
I've recorded a couple of videos of baby sug moving in my tummy but am having difficulty loading them. I'll keep working on it and get it posted as soon as I can.
...thanks for reading...

No comments: