Sunday, November 21, 2010

Stink-eye

We have learned some new tricks in the Pruitt houeshold. And by "we" I mean "Jesalyn," but I guess that's a given nowadays right?  Anyway, she now knows some of her body parts.  We've been trying to work on this for a while now.  She knows where her eyes, nose, ears, feet, and belly are.  This kid thinks that belly's are the coolest thing.  And don't get her started on her belly button.  You ask her where that it and she immediately lifts her shirt and points to it and then she wants to go to everybody in the room and find their belly button (you are now forewarned.)  

I have taught her to hug.  Oh my goodness, it is the sweetest thing in the whole world.  She puts both arms around your neck and squeezes, just the right amount of pressure. Like she's giving you a hug, not trying to suffocate you =)  This is a pretty big deal for Jesalyn.  She has never been much of a snugglie baby.  She's much too busy to sit with you or lay on your shoulder, so for her to give you a hug, it just wants to melt you into a pile of chocolate on the floor.  

Another trick is she is still not eating.  Oh....wait....that's not a trick???   Right, that's just something she is doing to drive us completely crazy!  I'm seriously not exaggerating.  The only meal she will eat now is breakfast.  And that's because we give her something carby (e.g. biscuits, waffles...)  For the rest of the day she won't eat.  All she wants is crackers and milk.  She won't even eat her baby food anymore (which was always our backup if she didn't want what we gave her.)  I don't know if I've mentioned this, but she is getting four teeth in at once, four!! So, here's to crossing my fingers that once those molars come in she will get her appetite back. *please, let her get her appetite back!* 

By far, the funniest thing she has learned is what we call the "stink-eye." I don't know how to explain it without showing you.  It's the look you give someone when your mad at them.  Except she's not mad, she just thinks it's funny.  She'll give it to you and then flash you this big smiley grin. It's hillarious.  I've been trying to get a picture of her but she doesn't like to perform on demand like I want her to.  I finally got one, but it's not in focus and the lightings not the best, but it will have to do. So, just picture this 10 times better okay?

1 comment:

Bonnie James said...

I'm crackin' up! I think this kid is spoiled.