Friday, June 24, 2011

There is nothing more annoying to me than spending a night baking up what I thought would be a beautiful recipe, and have it turn out to be a dudEspecially when that recipe involved phyllo dough.  I don’t know if ya’ll have dealt with phyllo dough, but it’s one that has to be handled delicatelyThis happened last night.  I was in the mood for a canoli but didn’t have the tools needed to make the shells, so I thought I would get creative, make a shell in a cupcake pan, and fill it with the canola filling.  It would have worked perfectly, but the filling turned out to be only so so.  It wasn’t horrible but not up to my standards and I only want the best for you.  SO, this beautiful post I was ready to write out with pictures and all turned out to be a “not so much” story.

Never fear, I will be working on another recipe that I am sure will not disappoint, but to be safe I’ll keep the recipe a secret for now, until I can test it out.  Also, rest assured that we will revisit phyllo dough.  If I can find it, I have an amazing recipe for baklava. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it.   Until then, lets just look at a picture of a yummy cannoli...



No comments: