Friday, June 17, 2011

Trendy

Yes, my  first official post since the renovation of the blog is one in the mishmash category.  I’m sorry, but I just couldn’t help myself.  Let me tell you why.  Two words: Hair bling.  Ya’ll, I don’t have a clue why this interests me but it does.  And it all started with Steven Tyler (what is it about that man that makes him sexy??? It’s a phenomena that I’ll never understand, I must just accept.)  So, I was watching an episode of American Idol and I noticed this feather looking thing in his hair. 


                                

I thought to myself, that looks kind of cool, and went on about my business.  I’m now seeing this new trend everywhere.  And yesterday, I found out that it’s not just a clip on, they are actual hair extensions!  You can curl them, wash them, and even put the straight iron to them.  Ya’ll, I’m telling ya right now I’m ready to join the masses and get a little swagger poppin’.   
All this coming from the woman that had two of her best friends sit her down a month or two ago and go over all the currents. I was SO behind since having a baby.  It was bad!  I’m talking Kesha, Lady Gaga, and even this Justin Bieber kid. I had no clue who they were.  I had heard the names, but to know what they sang or even the genre of music? Nada.  They even taught me some of the new lingo, like the above word swagger (so E, Keyanna, did I use it correctly?? Did it come off natural??)



I knew it was time to reevaluate my life as a 28 year old when I called one of them up and said “I just tried on a pair of shorts, and have come to the conclusion that I’m too old for cutoffs.”  She laughed at me and went on to tell me that just because I’m a mother, does not mean that I have start wearing the “mom jeans.” So in the spirit of being young and totally hip to the trends, I think I’m just gonna go out and get me a little bling put in my hair.  What do ya think??

2 comments:

Bonnie James said...

I totally believed your "swagger." Being an OVER 28 year old mother, I don't use the word, but read right through it like I knew just what it meant. As far as the bling, go for it, but not a feather.

Jamie said...

Thanks for the encouragement Bonnie. I tried really hard to make that come off 'natural' =)
We'll see about the feather. Is there other hair bling out there that I don't know about???
JAMIE