Monday, February 21, 2011

Baby shower creativity

So in almost 2 months, I will have a new niece.  I'm so excited!!!  The shower is this weekend and I've been itchin' for a project.  Something creative to do for it.  I found this on the intenet and had to give it a try. Of course, I tweaked it a bit.

The picture of inspiration
Those are totally onesies, bibs, and socks in that bouquet.

So here's what I did:

First, choose your flowers (a hint from experience, you will need quite a bit of green to fill in,) and the clothes you want to gift. You will also need floral tape and green sticks to attach the clothing to. I didn't end up using much moss, but it's a good filler





Next, take your clothing and roll.  It's important to roll on the seam. The seam is what creates the flower look.

Once rolled, wrap it with floral tape to keep it together.  You will also attach one of the stick to it with the tape.

This double flower is actually a onesie that is rolled long-wise and folded in half.


Start filling your basket (you will need something in the bottom that will hold the flower stems.)




And my finished project.  It's not perfect by any means, but for the first time around, I'm happy







A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for

No comments: