Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Simple Rant

Okay, so I’m gonna rant here for a minute. Feel free to politely take your mouse and drag it to the little X at the top right hand corner of your screen. 
Today I went to a wine store to get some wine (duh!) for this weekend.  One, mine and Jarrod’s anniversary is on Friday and I thought some wine would be nice. Two, since we really aren’t doing anything for it, we are having some friends down.  We are going to have a house full and I know at least one of them likes a glass of wine or two.  So, anyway, I’m in the wine store trying to find a bottle and I had a question for one of the associates.  He wasn’t rude to me, but let’s just say he wasn’t overly nice.  Every time I go into a place that sells alcohol I have this problem.  It’s like they don’t know if they should answer my questions.  Now, I know this is because I don’t look old enough most days.  But still, I am old enough (almost 30 now) and they need to be helpful to their customers.  As soon as I got to the register and showed the dude my id, his attitude immediately changed.  He told me thanks for coming in, told me about the specials they were having, blah, blah, blah.

Second, I had a customer basically ignore me today and I'm pretty sure it was because I'm a woman.  He came into my office in need of service. My manager (who is a man) also happened to be in the office. So, I'm asking my "clarifying questions" so that I can make a well-informed opinion on what he needed.  Every time I would ask him a question, he would turn to my manager (who was not asking him questions) and answer me.  He didn't look at me for almost the entire time.  I mean seriously!  What year are we in?  Does he not know the their are many woman who are leaders and CEO's of company's all over America.  I was so annoyed with this dude.  Just so you know, I held my cool and helped the customer the very best way I knew how.  He left happy, even though I was not.

Okay, I'm done complaining.  I think I feel better.  Thanks for listening.
 

No comments: