Thursday, February 24, 2011

Having a grumpy bear kind of day



I guess I got a little overzealous on Tuesday’s post.  I was so pumped to be getting things done, and then yesterday slapped me in the face.  Jarrod’s car is now fixed, yep, to the tune of about 800 Franklin’s. Not only that, but Jesalyn has still been in a lot of pain, not to mention super cranky.  I’m seriously ready to buy her a little blue shirt with a rain cloud on it (quick flashback to the “old-school” Grumpy bear.  Seriously, cartoons are just not the same anymore.)  But not to digress, I was able to get her in to see the doctor in the afternoon and come to find out, her ear infection from like 4 stinkin’ weeks ago has not gone away in one ear.  The doctor never scheduled a follow-up visit and we thought everything was hunky dory.  Yeah, not so much (*please, note the frustration in my voice.)  So, now they have her on some super strong antibiotic. So strong that they suggested that we buy some probiotic to help with the digestion. And, then…yes, there is more… they go on to tell us that they are worried about her weight.  Apparently she has lost 1 pound since she was in there last time.  She is, once again, below 18 pounds.  I just don’t know what to do.  She eats all the time, but it’s snacky type food.  We’ve tried cutting out the snacks and she won’t eat her meals.  Suggestions needed people!!!

Surely something has to give….something, right?  I keep telling myself we are blessed more than we know.  There are people all over the world with much bigger problems.  But I’m just ready for things to start falling into place….maybe I’ll buy a lottery ticket =) 

Between all of the car issues and taking care of a baby with a 103 temperature, I just knew I would let my workouts slip.  I’m happy to report I haven’t missed one day due to it.  There have been a couple of days where I did it at like 9:00 at night which is normally when I’m getting some quality REM cycle sleep, and I did eat a McDonald’s cheeseburger due to lack of time, but it was only 300 calories, so don’t beat up on me too harshly.   I may not be able to force the cash flow, but by golly I do have some control over my health.  I got my workout in this morning to some AWESOME sounding rain outside.  Seriously, the perfect way to work-out!  So, tonight I will be dreaming of toned muscles and flat bellies dancing in my head.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."   ~Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.~

No comments: