Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pancakes Anyone??

I found a super awesome recipe this week, so I thought I would share it with y'all.  And the best news of all is that Jesalyn will eat it.  Sure, it's in the "carb family" but it's definitely not biscuits and it has pumpkin (super healthy and yummy) and whole wheat flour in it. Don't let the title fool you. I was not in a "crabby" mood making this.  As a matter of fact,  I was quite chipper making them, but it's not my recipe and you got to give kudos where kudos is earned. 

From: 'The Crabby Cook Cookbook'
Killer Pumpkin Pancakes
Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups milk
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/4 cup honey
1 egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
:sidenote: the first time I made these, I substituted the allspice and ginger for the same measurements of pumpkin pie spice.  They turned out just as tasty.  Jarrod actually prefers them that way I think. 

Combine the flours , baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, ginger and salt in a large bowl. 

In another bowl, whisk the milk, pumpkin puree, honey and egg together until the mixture is smoothe Stir in the melted butter.  Pour the pumpkin mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until the ingredients are combined. :sidenote:  I had a hard time getting the flour fully incorporated both times I made this. You really have to mix good.

Melt butter on skillet and pour desired amount of batter and cook. 

I liked this recipe so much I made a double batch the second time and now have pancakes coming out of my ears.  It's a good thing they freeze =)




Super, duper, big batch of pancake batter (and side of coffee with cool whip, delish!)




Don't flip until you see the bubbles!




They look so innocent don't they?  What until you try them!




Big 'ol pile of pancakes

No comments: