Saturday, March 5, 2011

Insanity-Week 4

Yep, almost half way done.  It's insane (haha) to think that I have been doing this craziness for a month.   Let me give a quick update.  I now wear a knee brace and after tonights workout my ankle is throbbing. So I figure I can take this one of two ways. One, I'm getting old and my joints just aren't holding up anymore. Two, I'm really getting in shape because those are the two things that hurt me back in college when I was at my super fitest (yes, I just made that word up.)  I choose the latter.  What keeps me going?  This picture of me in 2004(ish) on Spring Break.
Oh, the college days. Eyebrow ring and everything =)

So anyway.  Today was the last day of the first part of the program.  You do the same 5 workouts for the first month and then you get a recovery week. That will start on Monday. Praise the Lord for a recovery week. And then, there is a month of even harder circuits to kick your butt.  This past week has been by far the hardest mentally.  There were days where I just didn't want to do it. My muscles hurt, my body was tired and I was worn out,  but by golly I pushed through it. 
How am I feeling?  Honestly?  Well, I can see the definition in my arms coming back and my legs are starting to feel toned but I'm pretty frustrated.  I know it takes time to burn fat and have a total body transformation but I'm tired of doing these exercises and (we're all friends here right?) seeing belly rolls when I bend over to stretch.  I mean come on!  I've been getting my rear kicked every stinkin' night, lets see this stomach flat already!!! 
As for the eating and calories, I have never been able to "count calories."  Anytime I've tried, I've driven myself bonkers.  Plus, the whole equation for knowing how many your allowed is pretty in depth and it apparently changes as you work out and I don't quite understand how to adjust it. So, I've been watching more closely what I eat.  I have pretty much cut out sweets from my diet, which if you know me, is a pretty big deal.  I do have a "cheat day" every so often but it's more like a cheat meal than a whole day.   I've added tons more protein to my diet..at least one protein shake a day.  Also, I don't know that this has made a difference or not, but I've started buying coconut milk.  I didn't even know this existed, but I've always heard how good coconut was for you so when I saw the milk, you know I had to try it.  I'm not crazy about the taste, but I make my shakes out of it and, score, it only has 80 calories a serving which is much less than cows milk.
I was going to put up a couple of pictures of the wall calendar that comes with the video to show you all what it looks like, but it appears that Jesalyn has ran of with the cord that connects my camera to the computer. As soon as  I find it, I promise I will get them up for you.

No comments: